Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Animal Emergency Clinic


It's 1:00 am and we have just returned from taking Zoe to the Animal Emergency Clinic. Thankfully ~ she's going to be fine and we're so fortunate to have such a Fabulous Emergency Clinic about 20 minutes from our house. They were so nice and the Clinic was extremely clean ~ it looked brand new and I felt like we were their very first patients. It was very expensive ~ but then well worth having peace of mind and knowing that she'll be okay.

I was surprised that she could reach and get things out of the Garbage Can ~ so I feel terrible that I wasn't more careful. She somehow got into the Garbage and ate a LOT of chicken bones. We decided to take her and have X-rays done tonight ~ rather than wait until tomorrow. I was really concerned that she'd get extremely ill at about 3:00 in the morning. I couldn't believe that she ate ALL of the Chicken Bones out of the Garbage ~ but they were GONE and there were paper towels all over the Kitchen floor.

So, they took X-rays and her very small stomach was full of little chicken bones. Thankfully ~ there aren't any large bones that are obstructing her intestines and she hopefully won't need surgery. We have special dog food and lots of medicine to give her for 5 days ~ but so far she's doing okay. I've certainly learned my lesson and won't leave the garbage can open ever again. In fact ~ I think I'll get one of those pet proof garbage cans.

4 comments:

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Chicken bones are the worst because they can splinter and do more damage that way. I'll say prayers that your little dog will be ok. It's amazing what our pets can do when they're "motivated"!

Love your bunnies, too! Such a lovely place to visit.

Best Wishes,
Donna

Cinnamon*Sticks Boutique said...

How scary Jayne!

Hope she does well over the next few days.

Hugs!
Canela

Terri Lee Takacs said...

Oh Jayne ~ I'm sick to my stomach thinking of it. I'm praying all is well now ~ in everyway!!!

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Hi Jayne,
How scary!! What an absolutely adorable dog ~ hope she learned that lesson and doesn't get into chicken bones again!
Hope you have a fabulous day!
Sandy