Sunday, January 24, 2010

Wedgwood at Estate Sale ~

Who has this for their logo??
I went to an Estate Sale yesterday and bought several Gorgeous pieces of Crystal to add to my overflowing China Cabinets. I don't really need any additional pretties sitting around ~ but these items belonged to a friend of mine who passed away last year. I bought a Crystal Basket, large Crystal Bowl, Mantel Clock, Sterling Silver Coasters, Crystal Centerpiece Bowl, Antique Crystal Decanter, small crystal bowl with Sterling Silver trim, champagne flutes and two unique Dresden Cherub Candlesticks. I'm going to take pictures of the Antique Cherub Candlesticks and maybe even sell them from my website ~ since they're very unique looking.

I was so excited with each and every one of the items that I purchased. I spent yesterday afternoon cleaning the crystal and polishing the silver items. The Crystal Decanter was cloudy with a film inside it ~ but I it looks like new since I used some uncooked rice and dishwasher detergent to clean it.

The Crystal Champagne Glasses had the logo pictured above etched on them. I thought it looked familar and was lucky to find that it was the Wedgwood Logo. Wedgwood just celebrated their 250th Anniversay last year and they are currently having a sale on their website.


So ~ if you happen to see a piece of Crystal with the "W" logo etched on it ~ you know it's Wedgwood. AND the Wedgwood Stemware is quite expensive ~ so I was lucky to find some at an Estate Sale.

LOVE this place setting of China ~ Reinassance Gold and it's currently on sale on the Wedgwood website. I think this Blue and White pattern (pictured above) is very elegant and striking.


If you ever need a Baby Gift ~ this Peter Rabbit Mug by Wedgwood would be a Fabulous gift and it's only $14.00 on the Wedgwood website.

No comments: