Saturday, January 9, 2010

Thank Goodness for Global Warming ~


~ Sleet on the ground ~

This morning ~ I awoke to the sound of sleet hitting our roof. Thank goodness for Global warming ~ because I've been freezing all day and it's going to be even colder tonight. It's going to be 26 tonight and I'm so concerned about my pretty impatiens flowers. There were even snow flurries this afternoon and that's quite rare here in Central Florida. Can you imagine how cold it would be without Global warming? Maybe we'll have a mild Summer this year.

Our House just wasn't built for cold weather ~ guess that Dow Corning didn't exist 120 years ago. I think I'll call for an Energy Survey on Monday ~ maybe we can install some (after construction) insulation. I know we'll survive this Artic Blast and it's only 69 days until the first day of Spring.

I'm looking forward to wearing my Gorgeous Wool Sweater to Church tomorrow. I haven't worn it in about 5 years ~ just hope it doesn't have any moth holes in it. I also have a faux Bunny Fur Collar somewhere .............

1 comment:

TiffanyJane said...

The sound of sleet is never good....it's not bad if we don't have to get out in it.
Wow, your home is 120 yrs. old! I would love to see it....I just love older homes, they seem to have so much more detail and character than many homes now a days.
Yall be careful if you have to get out!!
Tiff :)