Monday, July 20, 2009

A Mountain of Magazines ~

I absolutely adore Magazines and Books ~ but they had taken over our Master Bedroom. They were stacked next to my side of the bed and I had to pole vault over them every night to get into Bed. It was a depressing sight and I could never find the time to go through them and pull out the articles and pictures that I wanted to save. So, yesterday I just stacked them all up without even looking inside a single one. They are sitting by the back door on their way to the Recycling Center ~ all 48 inches of them. Can you imagine a Mountain of Magazines ~ 4 feet tall? I think this qualifies as an excessive amount of Magazines and that doesn't include the books that were mixed in with them.

I did keep all of the Books that I found and had even forgotten that I had bought some of them. I just didn't have anywhere to put them. So, I had to go through all the Books on several Bookshelves and make room for the new Books. Now, I also have a nice stack of Books that I'm donating to the Library ~ but it's not nearly as impressive as my Mountain of Magazines.


This is just part of the Stack of Magazines with a yard stick in front of them. They now offer curbside recycling for magazines in our area. However, I called them today and they said that I shouldn't tie them up ~ but just to put a few in our Recycling Bin each week. I was too embarrassed to tell them that I had several hundred magazines. Now, that I've decided to get rid of my Magazine collection ~ I don't want to look at them for another day ~ much less another Month. The Recycling Truck only comes once a week and I know he'll pass right by our house ~ if he sees this HUGE stack of Magazines.

This is another view of "The Mountain of Magazines" with Whiskers our Cat in the foreground. I probably shouldn't let anyone or anything near the Mountain ~ I'm afraid that the stack might come crashing down.



So ~ this is what my side of the Bed looks like now!! A few Books, a couple of Magazines and a clutter free space.

I forgot to take a Before Picture and had already carried all those hundreds of Magazines down the stairs. I seriously considered bringing them back up and re-positioning them for a staged "before" picture ~ but my knees vetoed that idea. I don't think I could ever re-create the horrible sight ~ even if I wanted to. AND ~ I'm not going to let the Magazines/Books/Shoes/Purses, etc. take over again.

Today ~ I went through and tried on every pair of pants, shorts and capris that I own. I considered sharing here with you how many pants, etc. that I have ~ but you wouldn't believe me and Mr. Bunny might decide to actually read my Blog. Just think of a very large number and then triple it and you're probably close. I was shocked at the excessiveness and exhausted from trying everything on. I've organized them all into four drawers ~ shorts, denim capris, dressy capris and a jeans drawer. Of course, all of the dressy pants went back into the Closet. AND ~ I have a HUGE stack of pants, etc. for Goodwill.

Tomorrow ~ I'm going to tackle my Wall of Shirts.

4 comments:

Terri Lee Takacs said...

LOL!!! LOL!!! LOL!!! Jayne this is so funny! How BRAVE not to even look through them first!
What a great job BUT we want the juicy before pics too next time ~ hehe!

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

I just did the same thing to my side of the bed, but I have to say that my stack was not quite as impressive as yours. Luckily, I was able to donate mine to the Veterans Administration for use in their hospital waiting rooms.

It seems nice to be able to get into bed from my side again LOL

Lynn

Deanna said...

You are going to feel so awesome once you've purged all your excess. It's an easy trap to fall into, I've been there. Good luck!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

I just found your blog and can't believe how much we have in common. First (and best) is bunnies, second is magazine addiction, both love Anna Griffin and the list goes on!
I'm adding you to my blogroll if that's ok.
Hop over and visit with us some time.
bunny hugs,
shell