Thursday, July 16, 2009

Home for Sale on Indian River in Florida ~


My Great Grandfather left Scotland in 1873 to travel around the World. He visited several Countries, lived in South America for 3 years and spent a year exploring Africa. However, he thought Florida and especially the banks of the Indian River "the prettiest place in the whole world."


This is a picture of my next door neighbor's house and it is for sale. If you're looking for a gorgeous home on the beautiful Indian River in Florida ~ then you should check out this amazing piece of real estate. It's a 4 bedroom 2 bath home that was built in 1903 (they don't make them like this anymore).


It is truly Gorgeous outside and inside ~ with all the modern conveniences. There is also a Cute Cottage, another 2 story house and a garage apartment that is included with this property ~ which can be used as rental income. You can read all the details by hopping over here. I'm really going to miss them ~ they have been the best neighbors that AnyBunny could ever want.



As Mr. Rogers used to say ~ "Won't you be my Neighbor?"



It's a beautiful day in this neighborhood
A beautiful day for a neighbor
Would you be mine, Could you be mine

So, let's make the most of this beautiful day
Since we're together we might as well say

Would you be mine, could you be mine

Won't you be my neighbor
Won't you please, won't you please
Please won't you be my neighbor


I've decided to start my own little Wisteria Lane like on Desperate Housewives. Won't you be my Neighbor? ~ we'll have tons of fun..........

Just leave a comment or email me and let me know which Desperate Housewife you would like to be ~ Lynette, Gabrielle, Susan or Bree. I'm kind of a cross between Susan and Bree.





This is a view of my Neighbor's Dock out over the Indian River.




This is a view from my Neighbor's Dock ~ which shows the riverbank in front of our House.




This is a picture that my Great Grandfather took in 1905 of the tip (end) of Merritt Island, Florida ~ which is just across the river from us.




AND ~ this is what the tip (end) of Merritt Island, Florida looks like today. Same exact place approx. 104 years later and the view of the Indian River remains the same.


My Great Grandfather must have loved to travel ~ since he spent 11 years traveling around the World before arriving in Florida on July 4, 1884. I don't enjoy traveling for a host of reasons ~ but if you're a world traveler like my Great Grandfather.....

Here is a quote that I saw yesterday:

"When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money.
Then take half the clothes and twice the money."
—Susan Heller



1 comment:

Terri Lee Takacs said...

OH......a girl can dream!