Sunday, February 24, 2008

Zoe and Bunny Books

~ Bunny Books ~


I can't believe that it's Sunday again!! This week went by really quick for me. Since it's less than a Month until Easter, I thought I would share with you a couple of my favorite Children's Books.

The first Book is entitled "Tops and Bottoms" by Janet Stevens. This well written Book is about a Hare and a Bear. Bear has lots of money and lots of land ~ and he's lazy. Hare has nothing but a hungry family ~ and he's smart. Hare is sure there's a way to share Bear's wealth, so he and Mrs. Hare cook up a plan.


Hare proposes that Bear donate land, Hare handle the labor, and they split the crop in half. All Bear has to do is choose the half he wants ~ tops or bottoms. Sleepy Bear takes tops but finds once the harvest is in that he's been tricked by clever Hare. The harvest was carrots ~ so Bear got the tops (stems) and Hare got the bottoms (the carrots).

Tops and Bottoms is an excellent choice for Easter or any other time Day of the Year.

I saw this adorable stuffed "Hare" (pictured above) in a Toy Store and recognized it immediately as the Hare from "Tops and Bottoms." It sits on our bookcase and never fails to make me smile ~ no matter how challenging my Day is.


Another Fabulous Book is "So Many Bunnies ~ A Bedtime ABC and Counting Book" by Rick Walton and Paige Miglio. I LOVE the pictures in this Book and the Rhyming Text which has the comforting familiarity of a Lullaby.



The Book even has a Bunny named Jane and she's wearing a Shabby Chic Outfit.



Isn't Xen so cute? He's wearing glasses and look at the way he's holding his pen.

I think that these are both Fabulous Books ~ even if they do feature Bunnies. As always, please check them out from your local Library before purchasing them.


~ Zoe ~


This is Zoe ~ our precious little Yorkie ~ we've had her for about five years now. She's so sweet and so smart ~ and oh so spoiled!! Amazingly, it's my Husband (Park) who spoils her the most AND he didn't even want a little yip yap dog. LOL

Zoe is wearing a gift that Terri made for her. It has Bunny Chic embroidered on it and the fabric is ultra Chic with paisleys and rosebuds. I just can't thank Terri enough for this adorable accessory that she sent Zoe.

Terri and I met during the incredible One World ~ One Heart Giveaway Event. We have a lot in common and we really "hit it off." I have several other things that Terri sent me and I'll post a lot more about those Fabulous items in the next few days. I'm sorry that my picture didn't turn out ~ but it's been cloudy all day and Zoe would not sit still. She just didn't like "facing away" from me ~ so that I could take a picture of her back.

I have received several Beautiful Gifts from the One World ~ One Heart Giveaway Event and will be posting about them this week. Hopefully the Sun WILL come out tomorrow and I can get all of my pictures taken.

1 comment:

Tina Leavy said...

hey there, oh those books are so darling! looks like they have awesome illustrations.
your little Zoe is so adorable. we just added a wee addition to our family..a mini schnauzer named "Collin" he's the sweetest little fur baby.It had been 8 yrs since we had a fur baby , but he's already well and spoiled..ha.
Love the little embroidered bandana.
wasn't One World/One heart awesome! I met some really great folks..you included:0) enjoy visiting your blog.:0)
-------------
was stopping by also to invite you over to my blog for some fun giveaway drawings in celebration of Leap yr. day. hope you'll stop by.
-------
Have a lovely rest of the week!
Tina