Monday, February 18, 2008

LOVE for our American Flag!

~ Happy President's Day!! ~
Don't you LOVE our American Flag? It is truly Vintage and it's one thing that has remained the same since 1776 ~ well except for the stars. We have decorated our House with Flags today for President's Day. I'm sitting here at the Computer watching our Flag waving in the breeze ~ it looks so Majestic and Beautiful. It is days like these that I really miss my Grandmother and my Great Aunt Margaret. They were both proud Members of the DAR (Daughters of the American Revolution) and Flag Day, President's Day, Fourth of July ~ we always had huge celebrations. Well, they seemed huge to me at the time ~ I think we actually just had lots of food, cake and ice cream. Oh and Flags everywhere!!



Since it's President's Day ~ I thought I would share with you three truly "timeless" quotes from Thomas Jefferson that really "speak" to me.

"In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock."

"I cannot live without Books."

"Honesty is the first chapter in the Book of Wisdom."


I also wanted to give you an update regarding my online Boutique ~ Bunny Chic Boutique. I am completely revamping my website and will be offering more handmade unique items. I'm so excited about all the new fabulous items and the incredibly talented designers that I'll be featuring on
Bunny Chic Boutique ~ where you'll find Fabulous Gifts for Every Bunny!!


~ Betsy Ross Plastic Bag Holder ~

This is what I've just added to my Boutique this morning!! I'm so excited to offer several Bunny items hand made by Julie and Ruth in New Hampshire. Each and every Bunny is meticulously and lovingly hand made as well as all of their Beautiful Outfits. I can't thank Julie and Ruth enough for allowing me to feature their Fabulous products on my website. Isn't Betsy Ross ~ so adorable? I just adore Chic Organization!! If you'd like to read more about Betsy Ross Bunny ~ hop over here.

~ My Grandfather Frank Wooten (left) ~


No comments: