Monday, June 29, 2009

A Wedding and a Funeral ~

We've been invited to a Wedding and since the Bride is a distant cousin of Mr. Bunny ~ we don't know the couple very well. They live in North Carolina and I've only met the Bride once ~ briefly at a Family Reunion. I LOVE this dress ~ found it over at here.

I have no idea what we can send as a Wedding Gift. We won't be able to attend the Wedding ~ but I did want to send something. So, after much thought and hours of shopping ~ I've decided the perfect gift is a Crystal Vase.
This is a large Waterford Crystal vase ~ but I might send a pretty little crystal bud vase instead. Do you have a favorite gift that you received? Mr. Bunny doesn't want to send a gift card and said not sending a gift would be better than sending a gift card.


I'm going to a Funeral today and I'm hoping that I can still fit into my little Black Dress. It's been a few months since I wore it and I've been eating a LOT of ice cream and other desserts. Of course ~ it NEVER looked like this on me.


I'm going to miss Mary Jo ~ she was the epitome of elegance. She ALWAYS wore gloves, hat and a Chanel Suit to Church even in the middle of Summer. Her skin was absolutely lovely ~ without a single wrinkle and she was 93 years old when she died last week. She didn't look 93 ~ she looked like she was in her 60's. She reminded me a little of Nancy Reagan ~ same size, same suits, etc. She is one of the few people that I know that had white carpet in her Condo and it looked stunning with her gorgeous Antique furniture. Everything about her was elegant!! She always drove a Cadillac and bought a new one every two years.

I was driving home from the Funeral today and this song by Alan Jackson started playing on the Radio. It was a God Wink for me ~ especially this part of the song:

She flew up to Heaven on the wings of angels

By the clouds and stars and passed where no one sees

And she walks with Jesus and her loved ones waiting

And I know she's smiling saying

Don't worry 'bout me

Her beloved husband and their only child (a daughter) both preceded her in death. So, for several years she's talked about how anxious she is to get to heaven to be with them. Her daughter was very young when she died and then her husband died 6 months later. She didn't have any surviving relatives and considered the members of our church "her family".


This afternoon ~ I need to hop over to Talbots. They're having a HUGE sale and offering FREE shipping ~ with no minimum. I need to purchase a few more sheath dresses ~ they're my absolute fav and I'm trying to get one in every color. Here's a link to a Linen Sheath dress that's on sale ~ just hop right here. The free shipping ends on 6/30/09 ~ so you need to hop on over there today!! See you at Talbots!!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jayne! LOVE Talbots!

Mary
hoganfe handmade
handbag originals
CottonCandyBags!

Terri Lee Takacs said...

She sounds like she was a real southern belle.What a touching post.