Thursday, December 3, 2009

Lost in the Translation ~

My Mother and I didn't go to lunch and shopping as planned today ~ we'll go tomorrow instead. I had a couple of men working in the yard today ~ pulling weeds, trimming, etc. They take ALOT of breaks when I'm home ~ so I don't imagine they'd get too much work done with me gone.

They pulled all the weeds around our Oak trees/Palm Trees and so I decided to buy some pretty Impatiens for them to plant. You know just another little Birthday present for myself ~ since I've decided to spoil myself with gifts this Year. If I don't ~ who will?

I bought lots of different colored Impatiens and gave very specific instructions as to where I wanted them planted. OR ~ so I thought...... Well, guess I gave way too many details ~ because when I checked on the progress...... they had planted the flowers on just one side of the trees. AND ~ it wasn't on the "street" side of the trees ~ it was on the side toward the house. You can't even see the flowers from the street ~ just when you look out the windows of our House. I didn't say anything ~ because it was time for them to leave. Guess ~ I'll have them plant flowers on the OTHER side of the trees next week. *sigh*

I know I ramble on and on and give them too many details and useless information ~ but I'm just trying to clairfy. Instead ~ something gets "lost in the translation". This isn't the first time that they have done something completely opposite to what I wanted. Our woodland fern is just now FINALLY growing back after they pulled it all up. I just wanted them to trim it back off of the flower bed border and instead they took it all out. Every single piece of Woodland Fern was gone and the flower bed was completely barren. I walked around the corner of the house and there was nothing left ~ it had the "sorched earth" look. I was so shocked and mumbled something about what happened to all of the Fern. They offered to plant it back~ but I'm paying them by the hour and I knew it would grow back eventually.

I can't figure out if I give too many details that NoBunny could possibly remember it all or if they think "it" would look better their way or maybe they're intentionally doing the opposite because I'm a woman and couldn't possibly know anything. The Yard does look much better than it did and whatever they get done is one less thing that I have to do.

It reminds me of the scene from the Movie ~ "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House". It's a really great Movie that was made in 1948 and one of my favorite movies starring Cary Grant and Myrna Loy. I think you'll really enjoy this clip ~ it's only about 2 minutes in length.





I'm glad to know that it's not just me that has this problem. If you've never seen this Movie ~ I think you'd really enjoy it especially if you've ever worked with a Contractor to build your (Dream) House. Every Christmas ~ I enjoy watching "The Bishop's Wife" also starring Cary Grant and Loretta Young is absolutely Stunning in this Movie.

1 comment:

TiffanyJane said...

Laughing at the clip of "Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House".....I think I would be loooong confused by the time she got done!
I wish I could get someone to clean up my yard {I've always loved to do it....but some days I just cringe when I am sooo tied &HOT here in the summer}....but they probably wouldn't do it like I think it should be done!
:)